IM Revolution

September 5, 2012

welcome to our motorcycle parts blog!

It's been a year since my parents have put up their very first business- Solito Motor Oil and Auto Parts Supply in Kidapawan City. The store (that's it below) opened last August 19, 2011 along the city's National Highway with some fanfare (radio ads and a little motorcade). This motor parts business is actually a pet project of my mother with two goals in mind:
1. to give employment to our relatives, and
2. use the yearly profits to fund medical missions in Kidapawan (I'm not kidding).

Goal number 1 has been met- with my aunt, cousins and distant family relatives employed :) Goal number 2 is yet to be accomplished- hopefully this year we will have enough profits to have a medical mission.


So why am I starting this blog just now, one year later after our motor parts business opened? It's because I thought the store wouldn't last / prosper for several reasons:
1. my parents have ZERO background on motorcycle stuff (Thankfully a cousin and an uncle are nuts about motorcycles and they helped. Also, my parents are fast learners- now they can spout motor parts stuff as if they're experts- and very industrious- they personally buy / transport the store stock every week),
2. the store opened on Hungry Ghost Month which is a big no-no in the Chinese business culture as it is bad luck to do any transactions during this time, and
3. the employees are our relatives, and studies have shown that employed relatives are much more likely to slack around / abuse the owners' good intentions.

Thankfully, despite the problems I saw in my head, my parents' motorparts business survived the first year! Not sure if it's profitable though, or even breaking even. LOL! All I know is we're not bleeding that much cash (my parents don't get paid for their work, only the employees, so the overhead will not be big). I guess when you open a business that you offered to the Lord for the betterment of other people, it will find a way to survive ;-) And so here I am, blogging about Solito Motor Oil and Auto Parts Supply and trying to expand the store's reach online. If you have any motorcycle product inquiry, don't hesitate to contact us!


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Solito Motor Oil and Auto Parts Supply
National Highway, Kidapawan City
For motor parts orders, call +639177184774

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Steering Rack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turbos are regularly used on vehicle, car, train and development equipment applications. Turbos are generally used with Otto pattern and Diesel fuel pattern car applications.
    turbo rebuild

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Share! An exciting dialogue is well worth comment. I think you ought to compose much more on this matter, it may well not be considered a taboo issue but typically individuals usually are not enough to speak on this sort of topics. Street bike parts California

    ReplyDelete